Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Most Recent Adventure


Cozumel, Mexico & Mayan Ruins

A little over a month ago I took a 5-day cruise to the Western Caribbean. We made stops in Progresso and Cozumel. The cruise was an all-inclusive cruise for $200. From Progresso we took a 2 hour bus ride to Chichen Itza to see one of the 7 Wonders of the World. The ruins site was full of culture and history.  It is definitely a stop to make if ever in that area! Our next stop was Cozumel where we went to the beach and enjoyed food and drinks with a waterfront view at Three Amigos. The water was the most beautiful clear blue and the people were so fun and lively! If I ever go back, I plan to go parasailing and scuba diving. Cozumel had so much to offer but I only had a few hours, I would love to go back someday.


Cozumel Beach
Chichen Itza

England

This past summer I worked at a Christian camp where I met Bec, a girl from England. We grew very close and she wants me to come visit her someday. This December after graduation, I plan to fly there for at least a week. While there, we plan to visit London, which is a short car ride away from where she lives. Visits to Manchester and Liverpool are also in the plans. I am excited to see Big Ben and go on the London Eye. I will get to see both touristy parts of the UK and the local scene. Round-trip flights normally run around $1000 and I will only need to bring money for the activities while I am there.


Photo Credits: Julie Chimeno & Bec Faulkner

Melissa, Me, Bec

Ipswich, UK in the wintertime

No comments:

Post a Comment