Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Week In Paradise


 My first trip out of the country was on a mission to the Bahamas. We visited the tiny island of Eleuthera, not a common tourist attraction. A residential island with very few hotels and resorts. We stayed and worked at Bahamas Methodist Habitat, similar to Habitat for Humanity. This trip was very fulfilling for me both in a cultural sense and a spiritual experience. God was able to use this trip to show me how many blessings I have and how His love is all I need to truly be happy. I was able to serve God and his people in paradise. There I met some of the friendliest people I have ever encountered. We helped to rebuild a man’s house that burned down. In his small 2 bedroom house, he lived with his daughter and her 2 sons. After working an 8 hour day we would drive down to the beaches with pink sand and the bluest water I’ve ever seen. I will never forget my week in tropical paradise and the wonderful people that I met. I am hoping to one day go back and server there.

one of the beautiful beaches
Place we stayed and worked at
Manex-our new friend from the Bahamas

No comments:

Post a Comment